Lavender tea is a refreshing and calming herbal tea made with fresh or dried lavender flowers. This tea has a light, floral flavor with a hint of sweetness.
The tea has various medicinal and therapeutic benefits. For instance, drinking lavender tea reduces anxiety and stress, and it’s helpful to people with insomnia. Also, lavender herbal tea is a good source of antioxidants.
Hot Lavender Tea Recipe
Preparing a cup of hot lavender tea is simple.
Notes and Tips
- The tip to making lavender tea with a potent taste is using the best quality dried lavender flowers and steeping the tea for up to 10 minutes.
- For enhanced tea flavor, you can add other ingredients such as mint leaves, cinnamon powder, or lemon juice.
Brewed Lavender Tea
- 1 teaspoon loose lavender flower
- 1 cup of water
- Sweetener – optional
- Other ingredients such as lemon cinnamon powder, or mint leaves – optional
- Boil 1 cup of water in an electric kettle. Add 1 teaspoon of loose dried lavender tea to the teapot. You can use lavender tea bags instead. Add the boiled water to the teapot. Steep the lavender tea for up to 10 minutes. Strain your herbal tea into your teacup and enjoy.